Personalize Your Home insurance

Home insurance isn’t just one type of insurance. It protects the structure of your home, your content, your assets and provides you with a place to stay if your home is damaged or destroyed. How much insurance you require for each of these areas is what your well-trained insurance agents help you determine. In Fillmore NY, you can count on  Walker and Associates Insurance Agencies Inc to help you to personalize your home insurance. 

What type of content coverage should I have? 

There are two types of content coverage:

  • Replacement cost
  • Actual value

Replacement cost is the amount that it would cost you today to replace anything that you have lost. If it is a 10-year-old stove, you get the money you need to buy the equivalent at today’s cost. 

With actual value, you would get the amount that a 10-year-old stove is worth today, so not enough to replace it with a new one. 

Only you can decide which type makes sense to you. 

What things raise your liability risk?

These days, everyone worries about being sued. Not only the actual suit but getting legal representation can be very expensive. When you own a home you have lots of risks, but there are certain things that increase your risk. One of them is getting a dog. Some dogs are considered such a high risk that insurance companies won’t cover them. If you are adding a new pet, check with your home insurance to make sure you have coverage. Another is getting a trampoline. Every year they cause lots of injuries. If your kids must have one, raise your liability coverage to protect your assets. 

Contact Walker and Associates Insurance Agencies Inc in Fillmore NY when you are looking for an independent insurance agency to help you protect your home.